Friday, February 9, 2007

Diesel in Jamiroquai's video

While working at the radio station, I get the opportunity to learn new artists and bands everyday. One of my most recent favorite songs that WICB has been playing is Jamiroquai's "Runaway". The song itself, has been stuck in my head for days. Earlier today, I was scanning through articles and magazines, when I stumbled across some very interesting news about product placement.

Diesel landed a huge product placement deal with Jamiroquai. In their new video "Runaway", the lead singer of Jamiroquai (Jay Kay), is wearing a special pair of sunglasses that Diesel makes. Diesel is an Italian based designer clothing company- and the sunglasses are featured in the Fall Winter 2006 fashion line. The glasses were specially designed for Jay- going for a cool, underground look. The video was shot at Trafalgar Square, Tower Bridge, and Piccadilly Circus in London. It has been featured for weeks on various music videos shows all over the world- and will keep growing in popularity.

For some reason, the idea of product placement in music videos never occurred to me. This deal, which was handled by Propaganda Gem, will definitely boost sales and exposure for Diesel. I was excited to find this music-related product placement news...if I find more updates on other music videos, I'll post them!

1 comment:

Kim Gregson said...

10 points
good info - and keep listening to those podcasts - htere are a bunch in our field