Thursday, March 8, 2007

Honda Gives Celebrity Hydrogen Car

In one of my advertising classes, I am doing a project on the Honda Fit. Because of this, I've been cruising around Honda's website a lot and also paying extra attention to car ads to help me with my own advertisements. I was so excited to find an article today about product placement for Honda.

The story was released today, and it turns out that Honda is giving their first Hydrogen car to a 17-year old actress! The lucky teen is O'orianka Kilcher, who starred in the movie "The New World" in 2005. The reason she gets the new Honda FCX is because Honda knows that she'll be driving around Hollywood- showing off the new car and getting a lot of attention for Honda. (Let's hope she doesn't crash it!)

The Honda FCX has zero emissions and has met the federal safety standards. It's a great step forward for trying to solve the transportation/ global warming problem. Hopefully Honda's marketing strategies and celebrity product placement will help them gain a lot of loyal customers.

Kilcher is very excited about her new car and the difference she can help make. In the article they had a quote from her saying: "When I first started pursuing my dream of a zero emissions vehicle as my first car, it seemed like a pretty unrealistic dream. With Honda's innovation and support, my dream of helping the environment became a reality!"

I'm sure more news will be released soon on Kilcher's experience with the car and also Honda's advertising campaign to promote the vehicle.

If you want to read the article...go to: http://www.productplacement.biz/branded-entertainment/200703081832/honda-product-placement-hydrogen-car-to-celebrity

No comments: