Thursday, April 19, 2007

Mountain Dew Gaming

The game Halo. I was first introduced to it in high school by a group of guy friends who were obsessed. They would organize huge Halo parties with up to 25 players, television sets scattered throughout the room, and controllers making a tangled mess on the floor. Of course they sat there screaming at the screen, talking like pros, and making fun of each others' skills. The parties would a lot of times last well into the morning hours. I just couldn't understand it....how could people stay up for over 8 hours playing a game? Well, one way to stay up caught my eye today when I was looking at articles. The answer? Mountain Dew.

Mountain Dew, a soft drink with around 54 milligrams of caffeine, is always a great choice for a drink to keep you awake. Mountain Dew decided to team up with the makers of Halo, and are releasing a brand new kind of Mountain Dew that will help advertise for the new Halo 3 game as well. The new red drink, a citrus cherry flavor, will come in a 20-ounce bottle with the title of "Game Fuel".

A spokeswoman for Pepsi talked about the gaming industry's effect on Mountain Dew. "Our goal is to go beyond traditional advertising by creating initiatives that make the brand an integral part of the gaming experience. We have some exciting programs coming this summer."

I always find it interesting to see what products are teaming up; I think Mountain Dew is really smart for connecting themselves with the Halo games. Even though I can't claim that I am a gamer, I am still excited to try this new flavor of one of my favorite pops.

You can check out Kate Macarthur's article at: http://adage.com/article?article_id=116107

No comments: